Below are the recipes mentioned in our Thanksgiving Traditions post – Bon Appétit!
Low-Sugar Crust-Less Pumpkin Pie from Mary Baker
Serves 8 | Per serving: 102 calories, 4.5g fat, 10.9g total carbs, 9g net carbs, 4.1g protein
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- 1½ cups fat free milk
- ½ cup Heart-Smart Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4c splenda
- 2 large eggs
- Topping: ½ cup Lite Cool Whip
- Combine all the ingredients (except the topping) and mix for 2 minutes until well combined
- Spray a deep 9-inch pie pan with Pam, then pour the mixture into pan
- Bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes, or until it sets
- When pie is cooled, cut into 8 slices and top each piece with 1 tablespoon of Lite Cool Whip.
Serves 8 | Per serving: 80 calories, 1.1g fat, 14.8g total carbs, 13g net carbs, 2.4g protein
- 2 small packages of sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- ½ pumpkin pie spice (add to your liking)
- 1 cup fat-free Cool-Whip
- Blend pudding mixes with milk until there are no lumps.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice
- Gently fold in Cool-Whip and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Garnish each serving with 1 crushed ginger snap cookie (optional, but highly recommend!)
- Each additional cookie adds 30 calories and 6g carbs
Green Bean Casserole from Leilani Wenzen
- Sauté 1 medium onion (sliced) and ½ cup butter over low-medium heat until onions begin to soften
- Add the following to the onion-butter mixture:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Once everything is well combined, remove from heat and add the following:
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Green beans (3-4 cans or 1-2 bags of frozen, depending on number of guests)
- 8 oz of canned mushrooms of choice
- 1-2 cans of sliced water chestnuts
- Toasted slivered almonds sprinkled on top or to mix into casserole
- Transfer into an oven-proof covered casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350* F, then uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Turkey Cutlets with Cherry Sauce from Weight Watchers
Serves 4 | Per serving: 192 calories, 1g fat, 1g fiber, 32g protein
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, turkey breast fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ cups cherries, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup cherry all-fruit spread
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick spray; heat. Add turkey and cook over medium-high heat.
- Flip the turkey over once until both sides are browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and put aside
- Add shallots to the same skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook the shallots until they are translucent, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- To the shallots, add vinegar and stir until liquid has reduced, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cherries and fruit spread, then reduce heat to low. Let the sauce simmer until cherries soften and sauce thickens slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return turkey and any juices from the turkey to the skillet; simmer until the turkey is cooked/heated through for about 1-2 minutes.